Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Last Year's Inspiration

I've been gathering new photographs and ideas for my next painting but there has been an image that I keep going back to. It was so breathtaking when I first saw it almost a year ago and I often think of it for so many reasons: the colors, the shadows, and the memories. I have found that my most successful paintings are of landscapes that I have experienced and truly connected with. This image is an example of just that.

Last year, I was lucky enough to take a vacation to Rileyville, VA where we visited the Luray Caverns. When we arrived in the area we were a little early to check into our cabin so we decided to take a drive on Skyline Drive. It was absolutely amazing! Now that the weather is becoming cooler and the leaves are starting to change I find myself thinking of that trip again and it is inspiring me to create my next painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment