Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Surprise

Although most of the artwork I create are landscapes, I do enjoy painting furniture and other non-traditional surfaces. My good friend Alan contacted me before Christmas with a gift idea for his mom. Alan and his wife, Candice, are expecting twins this coming summer and he wanted a primitive plate (his mother's home decor style) with this saying: "The only thing better than having you for a mom is my children having you for a grandma." The plate is pictured below, click to enlarge.



Most visual artists do not have the satisfaction of knowing the viewer's first reaction to a piece of artwork like most performance based artists do. I asked Alan if he could take a picture of his mom opening this sentimental present and he certainly delivered! On Christmas morning I had this video sent to me via text message:

Thank you, Alan, for sharing this video!

No comments:

Post a Comment