Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Salem County Arts in Bloom 2014

This year I did not participate as an exhibiting artist in the Salem County Arts in Bloom 2014 Studio Tour. Instead, I had the opportunity to visit fellow artists and support the work they are doing. Here's a glimpse of my day driving around Salem County:

I started my tour at Daniel Chard's house. He was my painting professor in college and he recently moved to another part of the county. I've been meaning to go over and visit and it was the perfect opportunity to do so. We talked about life, toured his home and, of course, talked about painting. It's great to catch up with old friends and I can't wait to begin working with him again.

Next, I headed to Alex Alampi Jr.'s Studio. I viewed his original watercolors and the works of Marion Williams, a porcelain painter. I purchased a print of "Crossing the Herd". This painting depicts the famous Smith dairy cows crossing through Aldine. As a lover of cows and resident of Aldine I HAD to have this print. I also purchased an ornament by Marion for our Christmas tree (A tradition we started to mark our travels and events throughout the years).

I headed home for some lunch and to regroup. I then went to Monroeville Vineyard and Winery to see what the artists and vines had to offer. I purchased a mini blanket with tags for my daughter (She is currently OBSESSED with tags) from Lminstitches and some wine to add to my collection.

My last stop for the day was to one of my best friend's, Janice Chassier. She recently purchased a shed and transformed it into a gallery. It is breathtaking! I snagged some of her signature clay log pieces for my kitchen; they are my favorite. I even got the chance to meet some potential homeschool art students and help them create some things in clay.

Below is a picture of some of the wonderful pieces I found on my journeys. It was a truly amazing day! Great weather, great artists, and great conversations. I am really looking forward to participating again next year and have lots of ideas to make my site exciting for visitors of all ages.



No comments:

Post a Comment