Thursday, September 29, 2016

New Painting: "Hope After Darkness"

In early March of this year, my husband caught a very aggressive stomach virus. In all the years we have been together, I have never seen him sick. Two days later my 2.5 year old daughter, Courtney, came down with croup (this was her first time being sick, she never even had a cold before). A couple days after that she came down with the stomach virus. After staying up all night with her, I also caught the bug. I was 36 weeks pregnant and ended up needing to go to the hospital for dehydration. Needless to say, it was a difficult time for our family.

It took a couple of weeks for everyone to begin feeling better. As life started to get back to normal, Courtney and Chester went for a walk and picked me this flower. It was the first sign of spring and better days ahead. A couple of weeks later our son, Kent, was born. This painting commemorates that moment in our family life.



"Hope After Darkness" - Acrylics on Gessobord - 5" x 5" by Kimberly English © 2016



Progression video of "Hope After Darkness"

No comments:

Post a Comment