Friday, October 3, 2014

Volunteer

This painting began as a photograph that I took on my iPhone. Just as the name describes it, this pumpkin is our volunteer who decided to grow on it's own (my guess is from a seed that came from the pumpkin I threw there last year after it got all funky). I was really intrigued with how the pumpkin was hidden and shaded behind the leaves and vines. I thought it created an interesting composition and nice metaphor for the work of volunteers. Most of the time volunteers are never seen but hidden in the background of an event or task. The same is true for this pumpkin. You wouldn't know it was there if you didn't look behind the leaves. What do you think of this painting? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Volunteer - Acrylics on Panel - 5" x 5"

No comments:

Post a Comment