Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Reflecting and Looking Ahead

This week in October marks the anniversary of starting my maternity leave. It's funny to reflect that this time last year I was 36 weeks pregnant and half of our home was being dry walled. As most people know, I was a public school art teacher. Last year I had my daughter, Courtney, and was lucky enough to have a district that granted a year of maternity leave. For many reasons, I decided not to return to teaching this September and to stay home to best care for my family. I have since ventured into starting my own business, one that I have been working on building for years (If you are or ever were a teacher you know that not much time is left for extracurricular activities or businesses).

I LOVE to teach. Plain and simple. There is something about inspiring others and empowering them with art. I began offering painting workshops in September at A Whole New Light to continue teaching. I have had such a positive response from the community! It has been so wonderful to meet so many women from my town and all over South Jersey who are interested in learning and trying new things. The conversations are priceless and there is a guarantee of laughter.

If you have attended one of my painting workshops already, thank you for your support! If you haven't, I'd love to meet you and paint something together. I will be adding winter painting workshops very soon. To browse current classes and to register online, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment