Friday, December 26, 2014

License Plate Art

This year for Christmas I opted to make meaningful gifts. They all turned out great but this one by far is my favorite. My brother, Brandon, is a crew member for NHRA's Professional Funny Car Driver, Courtney Force. He travels 30 weeks out of the year across the United States doing what he loves: racing. I decided to make a board honoring the states he has lived in since he has planted his roots in Indiana.





One day this idea came to me when I was at a flea market (my most favorite thing to do next to my art). The NJ plate came from a moving sale down the street from me, the North Carolina plate was given to me by a nice lady on a Facebook yard sale site when I posted an "in search of", and the Ohio and Indiana plates came from Cowtown.

I chose a 16" x 48" pine board from Home Depot which my mom, an extraordinary wood finisher, gel stained for me. (Check out mom's blog by clicking here). I opted for the classic quote about home because there really is no place like New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio or Indiana. Brandon enjoyed it and will be taking it home eventually as this is the first year he flew home instead of driving. Until then, I get to admire it a little longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment