Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Writing Every Week for One Year

Today marks the anniversary for writing a blog post every week for one year. <Insert confetti here!>  Although that doesn't seem like much to celebrate, I assure you it's a lot more challenging than you might think.

While taking a trip to Barre, Massachusetts to pick up art display equipment, I set a goal to write a blog post every week for one year. I got the idea from artist advising guru, Alyson Stansfield. I have taken many of her webinars and online classes where she advocates for educating art collectors on your artistic process and yourself as an individual. Creating connections is so vital for establishing relationships with clients that will invest in your artwork.

This past year I have written about painting progressions, reviews about events and products, tutorials, and sharing other artists. Through committing to writing a blog every week, I was encouraged too try new things, go to diverse art events, and had the opportunity to reflect and learn about my myself. I found that writing is another creative outlet that has helped me to discover new meaning and purpose for my artwork.

If you have been reading my blogs, I thank you for taking the time to read and comment on them! Your time and insight is greatly appreciated. I'm excited to see what the next year of writing will bring to my art career! Here is a look back at a few of my favorite blogs from this year: How Becoming a Mother Made Me a Better Artist, Why Landscapes?, and Utilizing Artwork for Agvocacy in South Jerseys Farming Industry.




No comments:

Post a Comment