Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Day Trip to Barre, MA

We just got back from an awesome day trip to Barre, MA to purchase and pick up equipment for my next business venture: art festivals. I started researching canopies and display systems and stumbled across a complete art show display for sale on Facebook. The power of social media!

After putting the kids to bed, Chester and I started our drive north. (My mom graciously stayed at our house to tend to our littles. Thanks, Mom! ) We drove to Sturbridge, MA and spent the night at the historic Publick House Inn. I would highly recommend staying there if you are traveling in that area. It was absolutely beautiful and the staff were so friendly!

The next morning we had THE best breakfast: french toast, ham, buttermilk pancakes and sausage. Seriously, they were out of this world. We then made the short drive to Barre to meet Darrell and Cynthia, the photographers I purchased the art show system from. After going over the trailer, we were back on the road headed home.

We did make a pit stop at Sturbridge Antique Shops on the way home. My other passion is antiquing and we had a great time going through the shop. I found a lot of great items to add to my collection. Chester even found an old scale "that spoke to him" and had to have!

Below are some pictures from our trip. Check back for announcements of my 2017 art festival schedule!

Driving in Massachusetts 


One of the dining rooms at the Publick House Inn


How awesome are these crocks?! 

Our treasures from Massachusetts 


No comments:

Post a Comment