Monday, July 22, 2013

Chassier Pond

This is my latest work of art that has been in the making for about a year. It is the largest piece I have ever painted (24" x 36") and one with just as much significance. This painting was commissioned by one of my closest friend's husband. He wanted me to create a painting of their backyard pond. This landscape holds special meaning because they created the pond when they built their house and have many memories associated with it; He wanted a painting of it so she would always have her pond wherever life may take them (Cue romantic music).

I found this painting challenging because of the size and the the way in which I work; extremely detailed. I hoped my style could be translated to cover such a large area and I believe I accomplished just that. Even though it was a challenge (a welcomed one at that) I enjoyed this painting because of the emotional connection the client had to the landscape. We worked closely to get the exact photograph to work from and throughout the process to capture their special place.

For more information about commissions, please go to: http://www.kimberlyenglish.com/commissions.html


No comments:

Post a Comment