Thursday, January 1, 2015

Recent Commissions

This holiday season I had a couple of paintings that were commissioned for gifts. The first was a wedding gift commission for someone who frequently participates in my painting workshops. Her cousin was married in October and wanted to get a personalized gift for their home. She asked that I paint a tree with fall foliage, two birds, their names and wedding date. Burgundy was their wedding color so I chose that as the background to contrast the white tree of interlocking bark.



The second painting was a commission for a Facebook Fan's in-laws. She asked for a watermelon patch representing the grandchildren in their family with the message "Childhood Memories made at Mom-Mom and Pap's". She also wanted the names of each child on the watermelon.

The size of each watermelon correlates to the age of the children; the largest is the oldest and the smallest is the youngest. There is a pair of twins in their family and I illustrated that relationship by having the watermelons share the same vine. I chose to create a wooden sign to display the message (I LOVE painting wood) and to paint the names on the vines.






No comments:

Post a Comment