Saturday, December 3, 2016

10 Minute Christmas Card Holder

Now that our house construction and kitchen are finished, I finally have the opportunity to decorate this winter. What better way than with the beautiful Christmas cards we receive from family and friends? Here's a crafty post for displaying Christmas cards this holiday season and will only take about 10 minutes and about $3.00!

What you'll need:
  1. Stapler
  2. Ribbon (without wire)
  3. Scissors




1. First, wrap a piece of the ribbon around the cabinet door vertically and cut it to size.

2. Use the piece you cut as a template for the other cabinet doors you want to decorate (I was covering four cabinet doors, so I cut three more ribbons).

3. Next, wrap the ribbon horizonally around the cabinet door and cut it to size.

4. Repeat step 2 for the remaining cabinets' horizontal ribbons. 

5. Make bows using this method:



6. Wrap each cabinet with the ribbons and secure them using the stapler. I wrapped the vertical ribbon first then the horizontal ribbon. 

(Inside the cabinet door)

Note: I placed my horizontal ribbon right above my hinge so they would be the same height.


(Inside of cabinet door) 

7. On the front of the cabinet, attach the bow where the ribbons overlap. I stapled it in an inconspicuous spot inside the bow. Make sure you get under both ribbons and over the bow before attaching them. 


Viola! You're ready to display your family and friend's seasonal greeting cards. You can use clothespins or pins to attach them. I have some leftover mini clothes pins from my sister-in-law's bridal shower that I will be using. (You can read about it by clicking here)


Note: I left two cabinets without bows for variety and to maximize card displaying.

No comments:

Post a Comment