Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Wheaton Festival of Fine Craft

I love viewing and speaking with other artists and on Sunday I had the opportunity to attend the Wheaton Festival of Fine Craft. It's a well established, local show that draws talented artists and craftspeople from all over the country. 

I gain inspiration by browsing different mediums and experiencing what other artists are doing. I really enjoyed the demonstrations that were offered: Glass blowing, wood turning, weaving and more! Having the opportunity to see other artists creating brings a new perspective to my own work and provides great motivation.

I was really excited to see an artist I met at my very first show at Appel Farm 8 years ago, Ramona T Maziarz. She is an exceptional pen and ink artist who utilizes nature and animals as her inspiration in her drawings. I immediately had a connection to one of her miniature originals of a hummingbird moth. Years ago, I had a flowering bush right outside my kitchen window that would attract hummingbird moths that I enjoyed watching as I washed the dishes. Unfortunately, due to home renovations we had to remove the bush. I purchased the drawing and will be hanging it by my sink to admire. It is pictured below.

I also used my time at Wheaton to support some friends. I am the Social Media Coordinator for the Salem County Arts in Bloom Studio Tour. While at Wheaton, I documented the participation of fellow Arts in Bloom artists. Below are some pictures of those who were exhibiting this past weekend.

Pumpkins in the Wheaton Pumpkin Batch

Hummingbird Moth by Ramona T. Maziarz

Glass ornaments by Deb DiMarco

Painted Glass by Deb DiMarco

Annette Devitt demonstrating weaving

Annette Devitt demonstrating weaving

Skeff Thomas and Diane Driessen

Skeff Thomas and Diane Driessen

Dana Gayner


No comments:

Post a Comment