Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Why Thanksgiving is My Favorite Holiday

I know a lot of people prefer Christmas for the beautiful trees, lights, and presents but my absolute favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Since I was little girl, I have always looked forward to Thanksgiving over any other holiday throughout the year. It holds so much meaning and special memories.

Growing up, almost every Thanksgiving was spent at my Aunt Ann and Uncle Norman's home on the Timber Creek. My aunt was the epitome of the perfect hostess. Amazing appetizers, delicious entrees, and decadent desserts, all served on beautiful cut crystal platters with real linen napkins. My uncle would serve up some virgin cocktails for the kids, or slip us a real fuzzy navel, while we played shuffle board and darts in their den. As a family we would dine together under their beautiful chandeliers while taper candles lit the table. I am so thankful for those special moments.

Now a days, my husband and I host Thanksgiving at our home. We always look forward to having our families come together to share the holiday with us. It is so important to consciously acknowledge the many blessings that are present in our lives everyday. Thanksgiving provides us the opportunity to reflect, as a family, on all of the things we are so lucky to have. Another aspect that I love about Thanksgiving is that there are no expectations, only being together. I can't think of anything better than getting together, eating an awesome meal, and enjoying each other's company.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year? 
Leave me a comment, I would love to hear about them!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment