Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Live Wedding Painting: Leevon & Daniel

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to create a live painting at Leevon & Daniel's wedding that took place at the Salem County Fairgrounds. Leevon and I have always supported each other, she has participated in my painting parties and I have been a sponsor for her agricultural fundraisers. I was honored to have the opportunity to paint at her wedding!

Even though I am familiar with the fairgrounds, I met with Leevon the day before her wedding. I wanted to visit the ceremony sight and confirm what she wanted to include in her painting. I also took some reference pictures for the background.

The day of, I arrived at 2:30pm and started to set up and sketch out the painting. I began by painting in the ground and horse stall doors where Leevon and Daniel would be standing in front of. Since the ceremony was brief, I took reference pictures of the bride and groom for the painting. Looking for special moments between the couple is so much fun to capture and recreate in the painting.

Directly after the ceremony, I went back to work as the guests were enjoying cocktail hour. I was situated near the entrance for the reception which was perfect because it gave everyone an opportunity to see my painting evolve throughout the evening. The humidity in the air made the paint very tacky which was a bit of a challenge. However, I used it to my advantage in the sky to create the textured clouds.

The wedding was so much fun! I had some family and friends attending, so it was nice to chat with them throughout the evening as I worked. Below are my Instagram story pictures of the painting progression.

If you are getting married or would like to gift a couple a live event painting at their wedding, please contact me to set up a consultation. Email is the best way to get in touch with me: kimberlydenglish@gmail.com


Be sure to check back for the final reveal of their painting!






The beautiful bride, Leevon, and I

With my cousins Molly and Chloe




No comments:

Post a Comment