Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Sharing Another Artist: Lori Gilbert

This week I wanted to share another artist: Lori Gilbert. I have been following Lori for a couple of years on Instagram and I am totally inspired by her artwork and lifestyle! She is a professional self taught acrylic painter who specializes in large, photorealistic ocean waves and sunsets. "Lori’s art is inspired through a complex web of internal and external factors. Love for the natural universe is inspiration for many of her pieces and emotional intellect adds a sometimes seemingly dark edge to her work which never fails to capture the viewers full attention."

I admire Lori's commitment to her artistic practice as well as using her personal fitness to fuel her creativity. She spends most her day painting in her studio using simple artistic materials such as Liquitex acrylics, styrofoam plates, and her favorite $4 paint brush from Michael's to create her works. She successfully uses dramatic color shifts and organic shapes to create the illusion of flowing water and soft clouds in her paintings. I am enamored by her ability to paint on such a large scale and create captivating visual effects.

Lori also credits regular workouts to helping her sustain and expand her creativity. I was inspired through following her regularly on social media that I have also incorporated fitness into my daily routine to help cultivate new creative energies. I have to admit, it does work! I feel even more motivated and inspired after I have had time to workout. Having the time to put your body to work also provides to opportunity for your mind to become more clear and think in different ways.

Below are some of my favorite works of art by Lori.





Be sure to follow Lori with the links and contact information below

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lori.Gilbert.Art/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lorigilbertart/
Blog: https://lorigilbertfineart.com/blog/
Website: https://lorigilbertfineart.com
E-mail: lgilbert756@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment