Thursday, December 21, 2017

Donation to the Woodstown FFA Program

Taking photographs of the Salem County farmlands is another creative outlet for myself and a way to gather references for my acrylic paintings. I look for beautiful landscapes or close up details that most people wouldn't notice. I love starting my day by enjoying the amazing views we are so fortunate to be surrounded by every day.

When I first thought of composing a calendar with my photographs I did not think that many people would be interested. For that reason, I decided to make the calendars available through preordering. I knew that however many calendars I did sell, I wanted to have some of the proceeds donated to a local cause. I chose to donate $5 of each calendar to the Woodstown Future Farmer's of America Program because I wanted to help local students who are learning to become active members of our agricultural community.

This week I presented the Woodstown Future Farmer's of America Program teacher, Deanna Miller, with a check donation for the calendar sales. In total, 125 calendars were sold and a donation of $700 was made! This included extra money customers donated towards the cause as well as an extra donation from myself.

I am absolutely blown away by the support that the community has shown me! I cannot thank each and every person enough for purchasing my calendar. Whether it was for yourself or as a gift this holiday season. It truly means the world to me that my photography will be hanging in homes across southern New Jersey as well as Texas and Virginia.

It is my hope, through both my paintings and photography, to ignite a sense of pride in where we live and the spectacular landscapes that we live upon. I also want to highlight the hard working farmers that inspire me so much.

Next year I have BIG plans for the calendar to make it even more unique! If you are a farmer in Salem County that would like to be a part of next year's calendar, please contact me at kimberlydenglish@gmail.com

Presenting the check to Woodstown FFA teacher, Deanna Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment