Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Finished Live Event Painting

I delivered the finished work of art to Tyler and Taylor last week and wanted to share it with you! After completing about 90% of the painting at their wedding, I brought it back to my studio where I reworked the beams in the ceiling, went over all of the lettering to make them more opaque, and added additional details like shadows, flowers, and of the bride and groom. 

My favorite things to paint were Taylor's gorgeous dress and the beautiful lights that hung from the ceiling and behind the couple. While at the wedding, I purposefully created my composition to include as many of the lights as I could since they provided such a soft, romantic glow. To capture the lights and chandelier, I needed the barn ceiling to constitute most of the composition. I believe the triangles and angles created by the beams and wall create a visually solid design.

The most difficult part was working on the faces of the couple since they were smaller than the size of a dime! The wedding photographer, Dana Zarin, was a huge help in providing different reference pictures of the couple's profile. The photographs were very helpful in obtaining the information I needed in order to create their faces in as a few shapes and strokes as possible due to the limited size on the canvas.

This painting was such a wonderful experience. To be able to attend Tyler and Taylor's wedding and to paint the occasion while it was happening around me was nothing short of magical. I hope they enjoy just as much as I did creating it!

Below is the final painting and Taylor's review of the experience.






"Kim came to our venue (our farm) about two weeks before to meet us and scope out the space. My husband and I decided we wanted the ceremony painted, so she decided where she would set up for the ceremony.

On the day of our wedding, Kim showed up two hours before to set up and get started. It POURED on the day so we had to move the ceremony inside at the last minute. Kim was very flexible and accommodating which put us at ease during a very stressful time. She quickly changed her game plan to paint the ceremony inside in the barn, which turned out beautiful!

Kim stayed most of the reception and was able to interact with our guests. They enjoyed watching the process and transformation of the painting. Most had never heard of live wedding painting before and loved the entertainment it provided. We received so many compliments and they could not wait to see the final product!

After the wedding, Kim took the painting back to her studio to add some final details. She delivered the finished painting, framed and all, in a little over a week. We were so impressed with how it turned out! She captured the beauty and elegance of the ceremony while keeping the rustic feel of the barn.

We could not have asked for better experience. Kim’s professionalism, combined with her talent was a wedding experience we will always remember, and painting we will always cherish."

No comments:

Post a Comment