Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Arts in Bloom: 10 Year Retrospective

This year the Salem County Arts in Bloom Studio Tour will be celebrating it's 10th anniversary. All the exhibiting artists have the opportunity to create art or a display related to theme of 10. As I was contemplating what I should do, I realized that 10 years ago was when I decided to change my college major from Biology (I know, what?!) to Art Education. You can read more about that decision here. In the spring semester of 2008, I began taking fine art classes which changed my life forever.

At my site location, I will curate a 10 year retrospective exhibit for the tour participants to view during this year's Salem County Arts in Bloom. It will include college art assignments, my first acrylic paintings, as well as photographs and videos from my tenured art teaching experience. The collection will have captions and information for the tour goers to follow the journey and development into my career. Along with the retrospective I will also include new works of art and products.

The Salem County Arts in Bloom Studio Tour will take place on May 19 & 20 from 10AM - 5PM. For more information, visit the official website by clicking here.



20" x 16" Oil Painting - 2008

18" x 24" Figure Drawing - 2009

22" x 28" Acrylic Painting - Summer 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment