Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Event Review: Bast Brother's Spring Festival

This past Saturday I participated in the Bast Brothers Garden Center's Spring Festival. It was a beautiful day with the best weather you could hope for in April! I wanted to have ample time to setup so I arrived around 6:30AM and began unloading my truck. I setup my Pro Panels and print bins then was able to start unloading my inventory before needing to park.

Since I practiced my setup at home in my garage, it was breeze to hang up the metal and framed prints. I referenced pictures I took from my practice run. I was really glad that I took the time to figure out where everything would go because I feel like that is one of the most difficult parts!

Before the event started I had some time to walk around inside the greenhouse and met some really great vendors. Marion of KakeMi 90 Second Cake was so sweet and we talked about ideas of how to enhance her setup and new products ideas. I also talked with Kristin of Milkmaid Paperie about her awesome products and how important a story is for customers to connect with our artwork.

The event was very well attended! There was a constant flow of people throughout the greenhouse the entire day. I met a lot of great people who have not seen my work before and had conversations about custom paintings or products. I look forward to bringing those ideas to life!

Since I was doing the event solo, I didn't have time to walk around but I was lucky to have a couple of friends stop by to allow me a break to go to the bathroom, which was greatly appreciated! Below are some pictures from my practice as well as the day of the event. Enjoy!

Practice Setup

Practice Setup

Practice Setup

Practice Setup











No comments:

Post a Comment