Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Looking Back on 2018 and Ahead to 2019

Happy New Year! I wanted to reflect on 2018 and ahead to 2019. This past year was not as productive as I had hoped to be with the loss of my Grandmom. I spent most of the year coming to terms with her passing and helping my family. I am so grateful for all of the support that I have received this past year from customers, the community, and people who follow me on social media. Below is a list of my accomplishments from this year and the paintings that I made.

Looking Back on 2018

Awards
  • Creative Capital Artist Professional Development Series - May 2018
Collaborations
  • Worked with Alyson Stansfield at the Lancaster Mastermind Workshop
  • Raised $565 for the Salem Tech FFA Program with the Salem County Farmlands Calendar
Exhibitions
  • Pitman Gallery & Art Center Member Show - December 2018
  • Second Annual Holiday Open House - December 2018
  • Pitman Art Stroll, Pitman Gallery and Art Center - September 2018
  • Salem County Arts in Bloom Studio Tour, Exhibiting Artist - May 2018
Festivals
  • Hen's & Honey Fall Extravaganza - September 2018
  • South Jersey Rollin Rods Car Show at Bellevue Winery - September 2018
  • Woodstown's Fourth Friday - June 2018
  • Bast Brother's Spring Festival - April 2018
Publication
  • South Jersey Biz, Issue #4 - April 2018
"Growing Undercover" - Acrylics on Gessoboard - 8" x 10" by Kimberly English © 2018

"The Nameless" - Acrylics on Gessoboard - 12" x 12" by Kimberly English © 2018

Adding onto an existing mural

Looking Ahead to 2019

My big goal for 2019 is to create more art! I want to continue to expand my acrylic portfolio with more agricultural landscapes, vintage trucks, and farm animals. This year I would like to revisit my original medium of choice: drawing. I thought a great way to do that is through a 30 day drawing challenge where I will create a drawing everyday for one month. I even thought I could share the process of the drawing challenge via social media live feeds. I am hoping it will provide me the opportunity to be more creative, fulfill my need to teach, and reach a different audience that I have previously with my paintings.

Thank you for your continued support of my artwork. I look forward to sharing my creations with you throughout the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment